State-of-the-art research in medical genetics and genomics of Mendelian and complex diseases.
Creating a Belgian bioinformatics infrastructure for the integration of genomic information in the clinics.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Developing graduate and advanced courses in the field of medical genomics.
GENOMICS & SOCIETY
Addressing the ethical, legal and social implications of the genomic medicine initiatives.
- BeMGI participation in ELIXIR
Coordinated by Yves Moreau (KUL).
- BeMGI Bioinformatics subWG Variant Database meeting
20 Sept 2013, Leuven
Coordinated by Erika Souche (KUL).
- BeMGI Bioinformatics subWG Exome meeting
19 Sept 2013, Leuven
Coordinated by Frauke Coppieters (UGENT).
- NGS course Medical Genomics
17-20 Sept 2013, Leuven
Organizers: Genomics Core, SymBioSys and BeMGI
Coordinated by Joris Vermeesch (KUL).
- BeMGI Bioinformatics WG meeting
10 Sept 2013, Ghent
- Genetic and microbial factors modulating the ubiquitin proteasome system in inflammatory bowel disease. Gut. 2013.10.03 (epub). Pubmed.
- Deficiency for the ER-stress transducer OASIS causes severe recessive osteogenesis imperfecta in humans. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2013.09.30 (epub). Pubmed.
- eXtasy: variant prioritization by genomic data fusion. Nat Methods. 2013.09.29 (epub). Pubmed.
- What if we had whole-genome sequence data for millions of individuals? Genome Med. 2013.09.20 (epub). Pubmed.
- Deep Resequencing of GWAS Loci Identifies Rare Variants in CARD9, IL23R and RNF186 That Are Associated with Ulcerative Colitis. PLoS Genet. 2013.09.12 (epub). Pubmed.
- Publications list.
- BeSHG Permanent Education Course in Human Genetics
11 Oct 2013 – 13 June 2014
- Informal Seminar Series: Narrowing the Gap between Research Devt & Practical Applicatn
09 May – 27 June 2014
- European Human Genetics Conference 2014
31 May – 03 June 2014
- 1000 Genomes Project and Beyond
24-26 June 2014
- Events list.